List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lorenzo Milesi Date:October 26 2012 1:33pm
Subject:Recover dropped database
View as plain text
Hi.
Dramatic situation: unwanted database drop.
Obviously I don't have a dump, because of other issues...

Question: is it possible to recover something?

Storage is innodb, no separate files for tables, everything is in ibdata1.
I started recovering .frm files using ext3grep, but the problem is the data itself.
I suppose it's still into the ibdata (I took an lvm snapshot few minutes after the drop
database command), since it never decreases in size...

Is it possible to do something?
thanks

--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@stripped

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

Thread
Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseReindl Harald26 Oct
  • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
    • Re: Recover dropped databaseDerek Downey26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi26 Oct
      • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databaseSharl Jimh Tsin29 Oct
        • Re: Recover dropped databasespameden29 Oct
          • Re: Recover dropped databaseLorenzo Milesi5 Nov