List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:October 26 2012 6:44am
Subject:Re: Replication Question
View as plain text
2012/10/25 Sabika M <sabika.makhdoom@stripped>

> I have replication setup in the following way:
>
> A -> B ->C
>
> I am making updates to server A. I want to stop all my updates and point
> them to server C. After I start writing to server C, can I use the change
> master statement to make the C the master of A (take B out of the topology)
> and proceed to set up peer-to-peer between A <-> C without taking a new
> backup of c to set up the replication between A->C?
>
> I guess what I am really asking is if the data is the same, is a backup
> required for initialization?
>
> Hello,

Make sure you run a "show master status" at C before sending the writes to
it so you can get to know at which position/binlog you have to start A
replicating from. Also make sure read_only = OFF in C.

Manuel.

Thread
Replication QuestionSabika M25 Oct
  • RE: Replication QuestionRick James25 Oct
  • Re: Replication QuestionManuel Arostegui26 Oct