List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sabika M Date:October 25 2012 5:15pm
Subject:Replication Question
View as plain text
I have replication setup in the following way:

A -> B ->C

I am making updates to server A. I want to stop all my updates and point
them to server C. After I start writing to server C, can I use the change
master statement to make the C the master of A (take B out of the topology)
and proceed to set up peer-to-peer between A <-> C without taking a new
backup of c to set up the replication between A->C?

I guess what I am really asking is if the data is the same, is a backup
required for initialization?

Thread
Replication QuestionSabika M25 Oct
  • RE: Replication QuestionRick James25 Oct
  • Re: Replication QuestionManuel Arostegui26 Oct