List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:October 24 2012 4:39pm
Subject:Re: Backup Error while backing up MySQL Cluster
View as plain text
On 10/24/2012 11:57 AM, Bheemsen Aitha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After following the steps at the following website, I tried to do an online
> backup of the cluster.
>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-cluster-backup-using-management-client.html
>
> It is a plain vanilla command which is below. The cluster is almost an
> empty database, but backup is crashing at least one data node and was never
> successful.
>
> ndb_mgm -e "START BACKUP WAIT COMPLETED"
>
> Did anyone have this kind of error before? I  tried searching on web but
> could not find a solution.
>
> Here is the error I received.
>
> Connected to Management Server at: localhost:1186
> Waiting for completed, this may take several minutes
> Backup failed
> *  3001: Could not start backup
> *        Backup aborted due to node failure: Permanent error: Internal error
>
> ALERT    -- Node 2: Backup 2 started from 49 has been aborted. Error: 1326
>

> Here is little background about our setup.
>
> OS: Redhat Linux 5.8
> Cluster: MySQL 5.5, NDB 7.2.7
> Cluster was installed and set up on two hosts using MCM, one host hosting
> mysqld, ndb_mgmd and the other hosting
> ndbmtd1 and ndbmtd2.
>
> I even tried by setting up the following parameters, but got the same error
> again.
>

> set BackupDataBufferSize:ndbmtd=256M attcluster;
> set BackupLogBufferSize:ndbmtd=256M attcluster;
> set BackupMemory:ndbmtd=512M attcluster;
> set BackupWriteSize:ndbmtd=32M attcluster;
> set BackupMaxWriteSize:ndbmtd=128M attcluster;
>
> Here are some links I found on web similar to my error.
>

> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,230891,230959#msg-230959
> http://grokbase.com/t/mysql/cluster/0578z8cj71/backup-error
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=66104

At the bottom of the bug you found, it says:
[7 Sep 6:31] Ole John Aske

This bug has been fixed in MySQL CLuster 7.2.8 which is now available on
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/cluster/

You need to upgrade to receive this fix. Let us know if that works.

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
Backup Error while backing up MySQL ClusterBheemsen Aitha24 Oct
  • Re: Backup Error while backing up MySQL ClusterShawn Green24 Oct
  • Re: Backup Error while backing up MySQL ClusterBheemsen Aitha25 Oct