List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Gustafson Date:October 17 2012 6:40pm
Subject:Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Up
View as plain text
>>> as far as i understodd the dameon was NOT down

I tried it both ways.

>> Then what about all the stuff cached in RAM waiting
>> and not yet written to disk?

> exactly this is the problem with making a fs-snapshot
> while mysqld is running - there is no 100% safe way to
> make the snpashot, write-to-disk and perations of the
> daemon atomic

Creating a ZFS snapshot implicitly writes all pending file data to
disk.  When the MySQL server was not running, creating a ZFS snapshot
should have created a completely perfect copy of all MySQL files.

I am going to try this again tomorrow: shutting down MySQL completely,
creating a ZFS snapshot, and rsync'ing the snapshot over to the slave
server.  I did this once before unsuccessfully, but I'll do it one
more time just to be sure.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@stripped
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
        • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
          • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
            • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
              • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
              • RE: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpRick James17 Oct
                • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
                  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson17 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpShawn Green16 Oct