List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 17 2012 12:08pm
Subject:Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Up
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl@stripped>
>
> as far as i understodd the dameon was NOT down
>
> a pretty sure indication was his log:
> 121016 10:40:20  InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
> InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
> InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
>
> the problem here is that people think a snapshot on a
> running system is always consistent, but it is not

Oh, I wasn't talking about his specific case, I was just trying to figure out why you
don't trust snapshots in general, since afaik they're pretty much equivalent to rsyncs.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
        • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
          • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
            • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
              • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
              • RE: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpRick James17 Oct
                • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
                  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson17 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpShawn Green16 Oct