List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 17 2012 11:30am
Subject:Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Up
View as plain text

I agree with the double rsync - I use the same technique - but again, if your daemon is
down (thus, everything else being equal) a snapshot is just as consistent as an rsync,
no?

The main benefit of a snapshot, as far as I see, is that you don't have to do the I/O
intensive first rsync - at the cost of copy-on-write operations after the fact, of
course. Copy-on-write is blocklevel, though, so also has fairly little impact on
performance save for extra metadata updates.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be

Thread
Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
        • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
          • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
            • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
              • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
              • RE: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpRick James17 Oct
                • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
                  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson17 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpShawn Green16 Oct