List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 17 2012 10:37am
Subject:Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Up
View as plain text

Am 17.10.2012 12:26, schrieb Johan De Meersman:

> [...]

because you have to be pretty sure that you snapshot is consistent
rsync the snapshot may result in the problem of the OP if there
was not all written back to disk before the snapshot was made

the point of rsync in the way i make it is that mysqld is DOWN
and it is only down for a very small timeframe because
two rsync-runs, the first while mysqld is up and the
second one after stop mysqld has only to copy diff

Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
        • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
          • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
            • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
              • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
              • RE: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpRick James17 Oct
                • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
                  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson17 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpShawn Green16 Oct