List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 16 2012 8:09pm
Subject:Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Up
View as plain text

Am 16.10.2012 21:55, schrieb Michael Dykman:
> I'm confused: in the first sentence, you say snapshots are bad (which
> directly contradicts the official MySQL documentation), and in the
> second sentence you say rsync is good.  Why would an rsync of a file
> system snapshot not be good enough?  By the way: I forgot to mention
> that I also did create a snapshot when the MySQL server on db-01 was
> actually shut down, and got the same sort of results.

i said nothing about rsync a snapshot!

* rsync HOT while runnining master
* stop master
* rsync cold to get the copy synchron

the two rsync runs because it minimizes downtime nearly to zero
i do not trust any FS snapshot in this context
i do not trust any documentation in this context

fact is if you stop the master there are REALLY no open files
and that is why i do two rsync runs, the sconed one only have
to care about diffs for changed files between both ones

Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpMichael Dykman16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald16 Oct
      • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
        • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
          • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
            • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
              • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpJohan De Meersman17 Oct
              • RE: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpRick James17 Oct
                • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpReindl Harald17 Oct
                  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpTim Gustafson17 Oct
  • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-Upspameden16 Oct
    • Re: Odd Behavior During Replication Start-UpShawn Green16 Oct