List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 23 1999 12:59pm
Subject:Re: Secure Connections
View as plain text
Jules Bean wrote:

> Fred Read wrote:
> >
> > How do I use MySQL over a secure connection...
>
> If you explore the ssh documentation you'll discover that
> it's possible to set up port X on the local machine to be
> an (encrypted) alias for port Y on the remote machine - that's
> certainly one possible approach.

Thanks for the most helpful response. I have found out the
appropriate parameters for doing this but the procedure is
not really documented!

Once I have "done the deed" and everything is working I will
write up the procedures and submit the document for possible
inclusion in the manual and/or FAQ.

Work permitting, this should be in the next week or so...

Thanks once again.
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread