List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 15 2012 6:58pm
Subject:Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeout
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "trimurthy" <skd.trimurthy@stripped>
>
> hi sir even i also have a doubt regarding the connections. suppose if
> there is an existing connection to the server with the user name
> "xxx" and password "pppp" if i send another request with the same user name
> and password then what will happen....

Please always ask questions on the list. I'm not all-knowing, and it is often that others
have better answers or different experiences.

As to your question, MySQL's default behaviour is to allow multiple connections for the
same user; so your second request will also execute just fine - within the limits of
max_connections, table locks et cetera, of course.

What's tiny and yellow and very, very dangerous?
A canary with the root password.
Thread
innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMarkus Falb11 Oct
  • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman11 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutAndrĂ©s Tello11 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutAkshay Suryavanshi11 Oct
        • RE: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutRick James11 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMarkus Falb12 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutReindl Harald12 Oct
        • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMichael Dykman12 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman15 Oct
  • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutPerrin Harkins11 Oct
Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman15 Oct