List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hubert de Donnea Date:October 12 2012 5:58pm
Subject:RE: innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replication
View as plain text
I get all your mails for years....could you not help me and suppress my name from your
contact  thanks

> To: mysql@stripped
> From: markus.falb@stripped
> Subject: innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replication
> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:08:42 +0200
>
> I encountered an error
> MySQL Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
> MySQL Error No: 1205
>
> For this very statement an entry in the binlog was filed

> # Query_time: 52  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
>
> Why is there an entry in the binlog if the statement failed?
> If it is in the binlog it will be replicated to a slave and on the slave
> it will succeed (maybe).
>
> Does this mean that a Lock wait timeout exceeded potentially drive the
> slave out of sync?
> --
> Kind Regards, Markus Falb

Thread
innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replicationMarkus Falb12 Oct
  • RE: innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replicationHubert de Donnea12 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replicationAndrew Moore12 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeout and replicationReindl Harald12 Oct