List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Markus Falb Date:October 12 2012 1:39pm
Subject:Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeout
View as plain text
On 11.10.2012 14:43, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> [...]

With a low timeout the connection will be terminated sooner, but if the
application retries another connection is taken. I could have raised the
timeout with the same effect on the db side (1 process is waiting) but
maybe more performant (no new connection necessary) and with simpler
logic on the application side (no retry logic)

Maybe you imply that there is some kind of sleep before the retry, so
that other statements could be fulfilled?

I still don't get it.
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb

innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMarkus Falb11 Oct
  • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman11 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutAndrĂ©s Tello11 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutAkshay Suryavanshi11 Oct
        • RE: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutRick James11 Oct
    • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMarkus Falb12 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutReindl Harald12 Oct
        • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutMichael Dykman12 Oct
      • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman15 Oct
  • Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutPerrin Harkins11 Oct
Re: innodb_lock_wait_timeoutJohan De Meersman15 Oct