List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Haney Date:October 11 2012 5:46pm
Subject:column aliases in query
View as plain text
I know it's been a while since I wrote serious queries, but I'm sure I
have done something like this before:

SELECT SUBSTR(date,1,10) as vDate, event_id, events.mach_id,
machine.factory_id FROM events JOIN machine ON events.mach_id =
machine.mach_id WHERE machine.factory_id = "1" AND vDate = "2012-10-11"

Where I've aliased the SUBSTR of the date and then used the alias in the
WHERE clause of the query.  I'm getting an error message now, but I'm
almost certain I've used that syntax before.  Am I missing something?

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant