List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:October 5 2012 3:29am
Subject:Re: user last activity and log in
View as plain text
My friend Dave Holoboff wrote this up some time ago:

http://mysqlhints.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-log-user-connections-in-mysql.html

You know you people sound like children.

Really  unprofessional.

Go ahead --- call me names. i left middle school almost 30 years ago. It
won't bother me.

Can we knock off the name calling and actually offer advice and possible
solutions? I thought that was what this list was for.

For those of us out in the field doing things ... This might be your
ticket. It requires a restart of MySQL (which may or may not be acceptable)
bit it's a fairly clean solution.

Minimal load, easy to query for your last connection time and how often
connections are made by a user.

Again, requires a restart to enable (and disable) . Oh, and users with
"super" privileges won't be logged.

Thanks,

Keith

--------------------------

Keith Murphy
Senior MySQL DBA
Principal Trainer
Paragon Consulting Services
http://www.paragon-cs.com
850-637-3877

--

*
*

Thread
user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inList Man4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
      • Re: user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inClaudio Nanni4 Oct
      • RE: user last activity and log inRick James4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman5 Oct