List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:October 4 2012 11:57pm
Subject:Re: user last activity and log in
View as plain text
beside the fact that msql CAN NOT do this at all

the median is not really releavt
in the median you see also night hours with zero load

on a typical webserver with load you have much more

* a cms system
* many page requests per second
* no you can not use persistent connections if you have
  let's say 100 databases and 100 domains with 500 prefork
  pcroesses because these would mean in the worst case 50000
  connections
* enable query log on machines with some hundret queriers
  per second would be a self DOS and fill your disks

Am 05.10.2012 01:26, schrieb Rick James:
> In looking at a couple hundred machine, I see that
> Connections / Uptime
> has a median of about 0.5 (one connection every 2 seconds)
> and a max of about 140.
>
> 140 writes to some audit table _might_ have a small impact on the system.

user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inList Man4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
      • Re: user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inClaudio Nanni4 Oct
      • RE: user last activity and log inRick James4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman5 Oct