List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:October 4 2012 10:50pm
Subject:Re: user last activity and log in
View as plain text
Hi,

2012/10/4 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>

> Am 04.10.2012 17:28, schrieb Aastha:
> > I want to find the last time the given list of users logged in.
> > Is there any mysql table from where i can retrieve the data or any
> > specific sql
>
> no - because this would mean a WRITE QUERY in the mysql-database
> for every connection - having a web-application with hundrets
> of calls per second would kill the performance
>
> No because MySQL does not have this facility. (<5.6)
Saying that a feature is not present because the hypothetical
implementation would impact performance doesn't make much sense in my
opinion.

> this makes pretty no sense and is NOT the job of a RDBMS
> implement it in your application / db-abstraction-layer

I can suggest a reading here:
http://www.amazon.com/Implementing-Database-Security-Auditing-Examples/dp/1555583342

Regards
--
Claudio

Thread
user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inList Man4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang4 Oct
  • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
      • Re: user last activity and log inAastha4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman4 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
    • Re: user last activity and log inClaudio Nanni4 Oct
      • RE: user last activity and log inRick James4 Oct
        • Re: user last activity and log inReindl Harald4 Oct
          • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inKeith Murphy5 Oct
            • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inSinger Wang5 Oct
              • Re: user last activity and log inJohan De Meersman5 Oct