List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Miklas Date:October 4 2012 9:16pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB corrupt after power failure
View as plain text
Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the fast reply.

On Oct 4, 2012, at 12:05 AM, Manuel Arostegui wrote:
<snip>
> it shouldn't be a biggie if you have a BBU. Do you guys use HW RAID + BBU?

We've checked with our hosting provider, and the database was indeed stored on a BBU RAID.

> What's your innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit value?

mysql> show variables like 'innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit'\G
Variable_name: innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit
        Value: 1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> Have you tried playing with innodb_force_recovery option to try to get the server
> started at least? That way you might be able to identify which table(s) is/are the
> corrupted one and the one(s) preventing the whole server from booting up.

As the affected machine was just a read only slave, it was easier for me to get things
back into service by just reloading off the master.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to
keep the corrupted ibd files for later debugging.

At this point, I'm more trying to figure out if there's something wrong with the DB or
host config.  There was effectively no data loss, but I'm worried we might have data loss
or availability issues if this error crops up on our master server.

Thanks,

Andrew

Thread
InnoDB corrupt after power failureAndrew Miklas4 Oct
  • Re: InnoDB corrupt after power failureManuel Arostegui4 Oct
    • Re: InnoDB corrupt after power failureAndrew Miklas4 Oct
      • RE: InnoDB corrupt after power failureRick James4 Oct