List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Gash Date:April 23 1999 12:45pm
Subject:BUG: MySQL Segfaults (SIG 11, error 11 errorno: 0)
View as plain text
OK, I've got MySQL running (the one compiled with --with-debug), or
crashing I should say.  Below is the error that I am recieving when I run
the core file through gdb.  I have also included the log output and such
when I run the program (from mysql_install_db or w/ safe_mysqld w/o grant
tables turned on).  I can't seem to find what is going wrong here, this is
on the linux-mipsel-redhat (ftp.linux.sgi.com) packages included w/ the
RaQ (w/ compiler upgrades and glibc and binutil upgrades from the FTP
site).  Anyone know what I can do to possibly get this fixed?

-R

----BEGIN GDB MESSAGE----
GNU gdb 4.17

Core was generated by `/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local
--datadir=
/usr/local/var --skip-'.

warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding

warning: enclosing function for address 0x2abae698
This warning occurs if you are debugging a function without any symbols
(for example, in a stripped executable).  In that case, you may wish to
increase the size of the search with the `set heuristic-fence-post'
command.

Otherwise, you told GDB there was a function where there isn't one, or
(more likely) you have encountered a bug in GDB.
#0  0x2abae698 in ?? ()
(gdb) back
#0  0x2abae698 in ?? ()
warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding
warning: enclosing function for address 0x2abae68c
----END GDB MESSAGES----

----BEGIN hostname.err MESSAGES----
mysqld started on  Fri Apr 23 08:30:46 EDT 1999
990423  8:30:47  Can't create interrupt-thread (error 11, errno: 0)
mysqld ended on  Fri Apr 23 08:30:47 EDT 1999
----END hostname.err MESSAGES----

----BEGIN hostname.log MESSAGES----
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld, Version: 3.22.21-debug-log, started with:
Tcp port: 3306  Unix socket: /tmp/mysql.sock
Time                 Id Command    Argument
----END hostname.log MESSAGES----

----BEGIN ls OUTPUT----
-rw-------   1 root     root       704512 Apr 23 08:30 core
----END ls OUTPUT----

----BEGIN gcc --version OUTPUT----
egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
----END gcc --version OUTPUT----

Robert Gash
gashalot@stripped
(904) 281-2200 x3312
Fax: (904) 296-4203

Thread
BUG: MySQL Segfaults (SIG 11, error 11 errorno: 0)Robert Gash23 Apr