List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Nichel Date:October 1 2012 2:40pm
Subject:NOT_REGEXP Query Help
View as plain text
Hi all,

  I'm having an issue using regular expressions, and I was hoping someone
can see the syntax error that I'm missing (Monday morning, not enough
coffee, etc).  Running the following query returns the error:

SELECT `a.custid`,`a.login` FROM ol.customers a WHERE `a.login` NOT_REGEXP
'^anonymous[[:digit:]]{3,}$';

Error:

MySQL said
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'NOT_REGEXP '^anonymous[[:digit:]]{3,}$'
LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1

MySQL server version 4.1.22 (yeah, I know it's old :) )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
John C. Nichel IV
System Administrator