List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arthur Fuller Date:September 24 2012 8:25pm
Subject:Re: secure user name for MySQL account?
View as plain text
On this note, one thing that really bugs me about MySQL passwords is the
inability to use special characters. In the SQL Server world, I let users
choose their own passwords, but obeying these rules:

It cannot be a dictionary word or sequence of words.
It must contain at least one numeric digit.
It must contain a mix of upper and lower case.
It must contain at least one special character.

That combination makes a password very difficult to crack. I don't know why
MySQL falls so short in this respect.

Arthur
www.artfulsoftware.com

Thread
secure user name for MySQL account?Rajeev Prasad24 Sep
  • Re: secure user name for MySQL account?Johan De Meersman24 Sep
    • Re: secure user name for MySQL account?Arthur Fuller24 Sep
      • Re: secure user name for MySQL account?Shawn Green24 Sep
        • Re: secure user name for MySQL account?Arthur Fuller24 Sep