List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arthur Fuller Date:September 23 2012 10:38pm
Subject:Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;
View as plain text
Tim,

I think you misunderstood the question. Daniel wants to block Select
queries that ask for all rwows, and permit only queries that ask for some
rows, as restricted by the Where clause.

Unfortunately, I don't think that can be done. But I'm not certain of that;
there might be a trick.

Arthur
www.artfulsoftware.com

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Tim Pownall <pownalltim@stripped> wrote:

>  select * from table where column=value means it will return only rows that
> match.  as long as you have proper indexing there should not be any issues.
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <
> luis.daniel.lucio@stripped> wrote:

Thread
How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz23 Sep
  • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Reindl Harald23 Sep
  • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Tim Pownall23 Sep
    • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Reindl Harald23 Sep
    • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Arthur Fuller23 Sep
      • RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Rick James24 Sep
RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Martin Gainty23 Sep
  • RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;abhishek jain24 Sep