List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:September 23 2012 7:57pm
Subject:Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table
WHERE...;
View as plain text
that does not change the fact that it is valid to NOT have a where
statement and for me it sound plain  stupid to think about blocking
queries without where-statements - the application developers will
hopefully kill any admin who finds a solution for this...........

* i maintain a cms-system since 10 years
* mainmenu: select id,title from table order by sortfield;
* and YES in the backend the is no single reson to reduce the result
* and NO using a key would not make anything faster

so why would there be a WHERE make any sense and why does
someone like to break the application just for fun?

Am 23.09.2012 21:50, schrieb Tim Pownall:
>  select * from table where column=value means it will return only rows that
> match.  as long as you have proper indexing there should not be any issues.
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <
> luis.daniel.lucio@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Helo,
>>
>> Just wondering if is possible to block SELECT queries that doesnt have
>> a WHERE statement within.

How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz23 Sep
  • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Reindl Harald23 Sep
  • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Tim Pownall23 Sep
    • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Reindl Harald23 Sep
    • Re: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;Arthur Fuller23 Sep
      • RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Rick James24 Sep
RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT tableWHERE...;Martin Gainty23 Sep
  • RE: How to block SELECT * FROM table; but not SELECT * FROMT table WHERE...;abhishek jain24 Sep