List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:September 21 2012 1:44pm
Subject:Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to Innodb
View as plain text

Am 21.09.2012 15:26, schrieb Girish Talluru:
> I have requirement to change my production database tables which are using
> myISAM and now bcoz of some changes we have to move to Innodb.
>
> Can anyone suggest how the plan should be and risks involve?

no because this depends hardly on your data and what the application
does - many things may be faster, some like "select count(*) from"
are unacceptable slow if they are called often

however, it is the wrong way to ask foreign people such questions

* try the migration on a staging server
* test your application under load on the staging server

if no staging server exists you have done something terrible wrong

Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbGirish Talluru21 Sep
  • Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbReindl Harald21 Sep
    • Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbGirish Talluru21 Sep
      • Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbReindl Harald21 Sep
        • RE: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbRick James21 Sep
          • Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbReindl Harald22 Sep
  • Re: Risks involved in MyISAM to InnodbBenoit St-Jean21 Sep