List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:September 20 2012 5:53pm
Subject:RE: mysql is eating up lot of CPU and memory
View as plain text
High CPU --> Find the worst query and let's optimize it.
   SHOW CREATE TABLE
   SHOW TABLE STATUS
   EXPLAIN SELECT ...
It may be as simple as adding a 'compound' index.  Or rewriting a WHERE clause.  There are literally hundreds of possible issues and answers.  The 3 things above are probably enough for me to make a concrete recommendation.

High Memory -->
High is good, Swapping is _terrible_.