List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manuel Arostegui Date:September 19 2012 7:51pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB vs. other storage engines
View as plain text
2012/9/19 Mark Haney <markh@stripped>

> I hope this doesn't end in some kind of flame war.  I'm looking to
> optimize my tables (and performance in general) of the DB my web app is
> using.  I'm tweaking things a little at a time, but I'm curious as to what
> the rest of the MySQL list thinks about changing my storage engine from
> InnoDB to something else so I can optimize the tables on a regular basis.
>
> Is it worth the effort?  Any caveats?

Hi Mark,

I would depend on what your workload would be. Mostly writes, mostly reads,
how many writes/reads do you expect etc.
The best approach, from my point of view, would be, firstly, tune your
MySQL server (if you've not done it yet) before getting into engine/tables
optimizations which can be more complicated.

 Manuel.

Thread
InnoDB vs. other storage enginesMark Haney19 Sep
  • Re: InnoDB vs. other storage enginesManuel Arostegui19 Sep
    • RE: InnoDB vs. other storage enginesRick James19 Sep
      • RE: InnoDB vs. other storage engineshsv20 Sep
    • Re: InnoDB vs. other storage enginesMichael Widenius22 Sep