List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Haney Date:September 19 2012 3:55pm
Subject:InnoDB vs. other storage engines
View as plain text
I hope this doesn't end in some kind of flame war.  I'm looking to
optimize my tables (and performance in general) of the DB my web app is
using.  I'm tweaking things a little at a time, but I'm curious as to
what the rest of the MySQL list thinks about changing my storage engine
from InnoDB to something else so I can optimize the tables on a regular
basis.

Is it worth the effort?  Any caveats?

I've never really encountered this situation before and I'm curious to
see what others have to say on it.

Thanks in advance.

--

Mark Haney