List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Honza Horak Date:September 17 2012 9:52am
Subject:Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibility
View as plain text
On 09/17/2012 11:08 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 17.09.2012 10:53, schrieb Honza Horak:
>> I'm thinking about compatibility issues between older mysql client (say 5.0.x or
> 5.1.x) with newer mysql server
>> (5.5.x or 5.6.x). After some tests I've noticed no issues and it seems to work
> just fine. Is anybody aware of some
>> problems that I can expect?
>
> as long as protocols / authentications are not changed no problem
> above means: mysql client 4.0 can not connect to >= 4.1 if the
> server is using "old_passwords = 0"
>
> sql commands are sql commands, independent of the version

Of course, so I can specify my question a little bit:
Is anybody aware of any other backward incompatible change in protocol?

Honza
Thread
Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityHonza Horak17 Sep
  • Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityReindl Harald17 Sep
    • Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityHonza Horak17 Sep
      • RE: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityRick James17 Sep