List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:September 17 2012 9:08am
Subject:Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibility
View as plain text

Am 17.09.2012 10:53, schrieb Honza Horak:
> I'm thinking about compatibility issues between older mysql client (say 5.0.x or
> 5.1.x) with newer mysql server
> (5.5.x or 5.6.x). After some tests I've noticed no issues and it seems to work just
> fine. Is anybody aware of some
> problems that I can expect?

as long as protocols / authentications are not changed no problem
above means: mysql client 4.0 can not connect to >= 4.1 if the
server is using "old_passwords = 0"

sql commands are sql commands, independent of the version

Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityHonza Horak17 Sep
  • Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityReindl Harald17 Sep
    • Re: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityHonza Horak17 Sep
      • RE: Older mysql client with newer server compatibilityRick James17 Sep