List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johnny Withers Date:September 10 2012 11:09am
Subject:Re: Database lock on mysql import - Information
View as plain text
When you say locked, do queries on the other databases fail with an
error? If so, whats the error? Is it all queries, or just inserts?

Also, how are you doing your export and import?

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:38 AM, Roland RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d@stripped> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I realize this is a very newbie question so bear with me please.
>
> I know that when you import/export a DB its tables are locked to ensure consistency
> and no data corruption.
> but why would other DBs on the same server get locked if im importing/exporting one
> DB ?
> in other words:
>
> exporting/importing X DB.
> will lock every other DB on the server up until it's done.
>
> and is there another way to move a DB from X to N on the same server using rsync/cp
> or something of that sort (without using mysqldump which would lock DBs ? )

Thread
Database lock on mysql import - InformationRoland RoLaNd10 Sep
  • Re: Database lock on mysql import - InformationJohnny Withers10 Sep