List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:September 10 2012 10:09am
Subject:Re: Temporary table creation fails
View as plain text
This is a current production database with about 100Gb + of data and the
DB is extremely busy.

On 09/10/2012 12:08 PM, Akshay Suryavanshi wrote:
> [...]
>         <machiel.richards@stripped
>         <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>
>         <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped
>         <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>> wrote:
>
>             Hi, the sort_buffer_size was set to 8Mb as well as 32M
>          for the
>             session (currently 1M) and retried with same result.
>

>             On 09/10/2012 11:55 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>
>                 can you trying setting sort_buffer_size to big value
>             at your
>                 session level and create the table
>
>                 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
>                 <machiel.richards@stripped
>             <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>
>             <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped
>             <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>>
>
>                 wrote:
>
>                     Hi
>
>                         We tried that as well, however the databases
>             are quite
>                     busy and either other transactions overwrite the
>             info, or
>                     there is nothing logged.
>
>                         We even tried running the create statement and
>                     immediately running Show innodb status, but
>             nothing for that
>                     statement.
>
>                     Regards
>

>                     On 09/10/2012 11:05 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>
>                         try this command and see if you can get more
>                 info about the
>                         error
>
>                         show innodb status\G
>
>                         On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Machiel
>                 Richards - Gmail
>                         <machiel.richards@stripped
>                 <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>
>                         <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped
>                 <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>> wrote:
>
>                             Hi All
>
>                                 I am hoping someone can point me in
>                 the right direction.
>
>                                 We have a mysql 5.0 database which is
>                 giving us
>                             hassles when trying to create a temporary
>                 table.
>
>                                 The creation works perfectly on the
>                 slave machine as
>                             well as all our other db's, however on the
>                 one specific
>                             main server we are getting the message
>                 "ERROR 1005
>                             (HY000): Can't create table
>                 '/tmp/#sql4a27_68eed1_0.frm'
>                             (errno: -1)"
>

>                                  We have been trying to figure this
>                 out for more
>                             than a week now with no luck.
>
>                                  When looking in the mysql error.log
>                 file, the
>                             innodb states that there is either another
>                 mysqld
>                             running (confirmed and not the case) or it
>                 is a
>                             filesystem permissions problem.
>

>                                   We have checked several times and
>                 the permissions
>                             on the /tmp filesystem is the same as on
>                 all servers.
>

>                                 Any suggestions would be greatly
>                 appreciated as
>                             google didnt help much either.
>

>                             Regards
>

>                             --             MySQL General Mailing List

Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
                • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsRik Wasmus10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsManuel Arostegui10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsShawn Green10 Sep