List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:September 10 2012 10:04am
Subject:Re: Temporary table creation fails
View as plain text
Hi,
      still no luck, same error being given immediately after pressing
enter.

On 09/10/2012 12:02 PM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
> start with 500MB and try
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
> <machiel.richards@stripped <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, the sort_buffer_size was set to 8Mb as well as 32M  for the
>     session (currently 1M) and retried with same result.
>

>     On 09/10/2012 11:55 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>>     can you trying setting sort_buffer_size to big value at your
>>     session level and create the table
>>
>>     On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
>>     <machiel.richards@stripped <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>
>>     wrote:
>>
>>         Hi
>>
>>             We tried that as well, however the databases are quite
>>         busy and either other transactions overwrite the info, or
>>         there is nothing logged.
>>
>>             We even tried running the create statement and
>>         immediately running Show innodb status, but nothing for that
>>         statement.
>>
>>         Regards
>>

>>         On 09/10/2012 11:05 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>>>         try this command and see if you can get more info about the
>>>         error
>>>
>>>         show innodb status\G
>>>
>>>         On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
>>>         <machiel.richards@stripped
>>>         <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Hi All
>>>
>>>                 I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>>>
>>>                 We have a mysql 5.0 database which is giving us
>>>             hassles when trying to create a temporary table.
>>>
>>>                 The creation works perfectly on the slave machine as
>>>             well as all our other db's, however on the one specific
>>>             main server we are getting the message "ERROR 1005
>>>             (HY000): Can't create table '/tmp/#sql4a27_68eed1_0.frm'
>>>             (errno: -1)"
>>>

>>>                  We have been trying to figure this out for more
>>>             than a week now with no luck.
>>>
>>>                  When looking in the mysql error.log file, the
>>>             innodb states that there is either another mysqld
>>>             running (confirmed and not the case) or it is a
>>>             filesystem permissions problem.
>>>

>>>                   We have checked several times and the permissions
>>>             on the /tmp filesystem is the same as on all servers.
>>>

>>>                 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as
>>>             google didnt help much either.
>>>

>>>             Regards
>>>

>>>             --

Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
                • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsRik Wasmus10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsManuel Arostegui10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsShawn Green10 Sep