List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:September 10 2012 10:01am
Subject:Re: Temporary table creation fails
View as plain text
Hi, the sort_buffer_size was set to 8Mb as well as 32M  for the session
(currently 1M) and retried with same result.

On 09/10/2012 11:55 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
> can you trying setting sort_buffer_size to big value at your session
> level and create the table
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
> <machiel.richards@stripped <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>         We tried that as well, however the databases are quite busy
>     and either other transactions overwrite the info, or there is
>     nothing logged.
>
>         We even tried running the create statement and immediately
>     running Show innodb status, but nothing for that statement.
>
>     Regards
>

>     On 09/10/2012 11:05 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>>     try this command and see if you can get more info about the error
>>
>>     show innodb status\G
>>
>>     On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
>>     <machiel.richards@stripped <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>>
>>     wrote:
>>
>>         Hi All
>>
>>             I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>>
>>             We have a mysql 5.0 database which is giving us hassles
>>         when trying to create a temporary table.
>>
>>             The creation works perfectly on the slave machine as well
>>         as all our other db's, however on the one specific main
>>         server we are getting the message "ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't
>>         create table '/tmp/#sql4a27_68eed1_0.frm' (errno: -1)"
>>

>>              We have been trying to figure this out for more than a
>>         week now with no luck.
>>
>>              When looking in the mysql error.log file, the innodb
>>         states that there is either another mysqld running (confirmed
>>         and not the case) or it is a filesystem permissions problem.
>>

>>               We have checked several times and the permissions on
>>         the /tmp filesystem is the same as on all servers.
>>

>>             Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as google
>>         didnt help much either.
>>

>>         Regards
>>

>>         --

Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
                • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsRik Wasmus10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsManuel Arostegui10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsShawn Green10 Sep