List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:September 10 2012 9:24am
Subject:Re: Temporary table creation fails
View as plain text
Hi

     We tried that as well, however the databases are quite busy and
either other transactions overwrite the info, or there is nothing logged.

     We even tried running the create statement and immediately running
Show innodb status, but nothing for that statement.

Regards

On 09/10/2012 11:05 AM, Ananda Kumar wrote:
> try this command and see if you can get more info about the error
>
> show innodb status\G
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail
> <machiel.richards@stripped <mailto:machiel.richards@stripped>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>         I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
>         We have a mysql 5.0 database which is giving us hassles when
>     trying to create a temporary table.
>
>         The creation works perfectly on the slave machine as well as
>     all our other db's, however on the one specific main server we are
>     getting the message "ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table
>     '/tmp/#sql4a27_68eed1_0.frm' (errno: -1)"
>

>          We have been trying to figure this out for more than a week
>     now with no luck.
>
>          When looking in the mysql error.log file, the innodb states
>     that there is either another mysqld running (confirmed and not the
>     case) or it is a filesystem permissions problem.
>

>           We have checked several times and the permissions on the
>     /tmp filesystem is the same as on all servers.
>

>         Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as google didnt
>     help much either.
>

>     Regards
>

>     --

Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
                • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsRik Wasmus10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsManuel Arostegui10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsShawn Green10 Sep