List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:September 10 2012 9:05am
Subject:Re: Temporary table creation fails
View as plain text
try this command and see if you can get more info about the error

show innodb status\G

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Machiel Richards - Gmail <
machiel.richards@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>     I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
>     We have a mysql 5.0 database which is giving us hassles when trying to
> create a temporary table.
>
>     The creation works perfectly on the slave machine as well as all our
> other db's, however on the one specific main server we are getting the
> message "ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table
> '/tmp/#sql4a27_68eed1_0.frm' (errno: -1)"
>

>      We have been trying to figure this out for more than a week now with
> no luck.
>
>      When looking in the mysql error.log file, the innodb states that
> there is either another mysqld running (confirmed and not the case) or it
> is a filesystem permissions problem.
>

>       We have checked several times and the permissions on the /tmp
> filesystem is the same as on all servers.
>

>     Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as google didnt help much
> either.
>

> Regards

Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
                • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsRik Wasmus10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
      • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
        • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
            • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
              • Re: Temporary table creation failsAnanda Kumar10 Sep
          • Re: Temporary table creation failsAkshay Suryavanshi10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsMachiel Richards - Gmail10 Sep
    • Re: Temporary table creation failsManuel Arostegui10 Sep
Re: Temporary table creation failsGarot Conklin10 Sep
  • Re: Temporary table creation failsShawn Green10 Sep