List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roland RoLaNd Date:September 10 2012 7:38am
Subject:Database lock on mysql import - Information
View as plain text
Dear all,

I realize this is a very newbie question so bear with me please.

I know that when you import/export a DB its tables are locked to ensure consistency and no
data corruption.
but why would other DBs on the same server get locked if im importing/exporting one DB ?
in other words:

exporting/importing X DB.
will lock every other DB on the server up until it's done.

and is there another way to move a DB from X to N on the same server using rsync/cp or
something of that sort (without using mysqldump which would lock DBs ? )

Thread
Database lock on mysql import - InformationRoland RoLaNd10 Sep
  • Re: Database lock on mysql import - InformationJohnny Withers10 Sep