List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 6 2012 7:39am
Subject:Re: Help with mysql connect_timeout
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "indrani gorti" <indrani.gorti@stripped>
>
> Later I changed it to  SET GLOBAL connect_timeout=60;
> However, I still find that the query loses the connection to mysql
> server after about 10 mins( 600.495 secs)
> I see that the connect_time is 60 though.

If I recall correctly, all timeouts are set in seconds, not minutes.

However, as long as a query is running, MySQL should not timeout your connection. It seems
more likely that your application gives up. Assuming this is a website, check your max
script runtime settings.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be