List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:August 30 2012 3:07pm
Subject:Re: Warning for ZManda-ZRM users
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Johan De Meersman" <vegivamp@stripped>

> The particular symptoms I'm seeing, is that I've lost all my archives
> from no-longer existing hosts. All hosts that are still being backed
> up are fine, but the old archives are irrevocably lost, with the
> exception of the one host that hasn't been disabled long enough to
> completely vanish.

Alright, so this is apparently not a bug, but by design: the retention period is cached
inside of each individual backup, and that's what the cleanup job looks at. So you can
change the retention period as much as you want, every backup will still expire after the
retention period that was in effect when it was created.

Most counterintuitive, and I've suggested they consider changing that behaviour in the
future.

--

Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be

Thread
Warning for ZManda-ZRM usersJohan De Meersman30 Aug
  • Re: Warning for ZManda-ZRM usersJohan De Meersman30 Aug