List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:August 27 2012 4:37pm
Subject:Re: Having trouble with SQL query
View as plain text
Hello Rich,

On 8/27/2012 12:19 PM, rich gray wrote:
> Hi Nitin
> Thanks - I tried that and got 0 rows...
> I have spent more time on describing my problem -- see below hopefully
> this will make the issue more clear...
> Rich
> ... snip ...

There are many resources out there that can tell you how to build this
type of data structure. However, my favorite and the one I think is most
accessible is this:

http://www.sitepoint.com/hierarchical-data-database/

As you can see, his menu also has branches (fruit) and leaves (cherry,
banana) just as your equipment menu does. I think this will be an
excellent starting point for you to use to build the menu tree. From
there, it should be easy to extend this to link your leaf nodes to any
information records you may want.

Let us know if we can give any additional insights or suggestions.
--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
Having trouble with SQL queryrich gray26 Aug
  • Re: Having trouble with SQL queryNitin Mehta27 Aug
    • Re: Having trouble with SQL queryrich gray27 Aug
      • Re: Having trouble with SQL queryShawn Green27 Aug