List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mihail Manolov Date:August 24 2012 11:28pm
Subject:Re: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?
View as plain text
Are you trying to promote a slave as a new master and replace current master or create
intermediate slave? If it is the latter all you need to do is to:

1. Stop the slave
2. Add "log_slave_updates = 1" in the slave's config file
3. Copy the slave files to the new slave(s)
4. Start your intermediate slave
5. Add replication user on your intermediate slave and allow new slaves to replicate
6. Start your slave(s) of intermediate slave
7. Issue following on your new slaves: CHANGE MASTER TO master_log_file =
'mysql-bin.000001', master_log_pos = 4;

On Aug 24, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Richard Reina wrote:

> I have a couple of mysql database slaves and would like to make one of them
> be a master as well so that I can set another machine to replicate from it.
> Can anyone tell me how I should go about it or know of any howtos for this
> specific task?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Thread
Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Richard Reina24 Aug
  • Re: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Reindl Harald24 Aug
    • RE: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Rick James24 Aug
      • Re: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Reindl Harald24 Aug
        • RE: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Rick James24 Aug
          • Re: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Reindl Harald24 Aug
  • Re: Replication question: How to make a slave a master?Mihail Manolov24 Aug