List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:August 22 2012 8:31pm
Subject:RE: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server Released under the GPL License
View as plain text
Well, considering that MySQL/Sun/Oracle can't even figure out how to reduce
an ibdata1 file from ever-expanding after a decade
(http://bugs.mysql.com/1341), it doesn't surprise me that parallel computing
is a brain-stumper for them. :-\

Besides, I would suspect that Oracle would see this as one more threat
against their cash cow product if they were to make MySQL even
faster/better.

I've not tried this offering below, nor do I know anything about it, but
when a big company is involved, usually it comes down to money -- making it
or spending it.

License

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Hiromichi Watari <
> hiromichiwatari@stripped> wrote:
>
> > [..]
> >
> > Available at www.paralleluniverse-inc.com
>

> Hello
> Pardon my question on that one, but why wasn't the concept detailed in
that
> white paper implemented into the core version of mysql or the percona
> version (and MariaDB?) ? Too many hardware dependencies ?
> Regards
>
> --
> Gaël Martinez

Thread
New Fast MySQL Compatible Server Released under the GPL LicenseHiromichi Watari22 Aug
  • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server Released under the GPL LicenseGael Martinez22 Aug
    • RE: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server Released under the GPL LicenseDaevid Vincent22 Aug
      • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server Released under the GPL LicenseHiromichi Watari23 Aug