List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Date:August 21 2012 9:40am
Subject:Re: Machine Learning
View as plain text
I think it was the HAL-9000 in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey

On 08/20/2012 06:25 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> When I hear 'AI' I always imagine theres a HAL 9001 behind the scenes that is running
> the show constantly admonishing its creator to "take another stress pill"
>
> Sounds like a fun project
>
> Keep us apprised,
> Martin Gainty
> Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de
> confidentialité
>
> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein,
> so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung
> einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von
> Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten
> Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous
> n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que
> pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non
> autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information
> seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant
> donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation,
> nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
>

> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:50:04 -0700
> From: garotconklin@stripped
> Subject: Re: Machine Learning
> To: webmaster@stripped; mgainty@stripped; mysql@stripped
>
> Ya the idea is not anything new, but must be apparently quit difficult or not a
> priority as I have yet to find it already implemented anywhere... Far be it from me to not
> make some attempt here anyway...
> I am creating a fully automated framework from which a distributed infrastructure can
> be maintained.  I have been writing automation scripts/code for some time now and the
> logical progression is to embark on a full concept of systems health auto remediation.  I
> have numerous "monitoring" solutions under my control however none that properly
>   (in my opinion) implements any real learning algorithms from which to draw even a
> minimalists view of automation.  I like mySQL therefor began thinking about creating the
> aspects (lobes) of the "brain" as a relational database(s).  So this is only one facet of
> what I am trying to do, however leveraging a full command set of shell
> utilities/commands/programs seemed to be a good starting point before I get into the
> "hard" stuff !
>
> -Garot
>   garotconklin@stripped

Thread
Machine LearningGarot Conklin19 Aug
  • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty19 Aug
Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin20 Aug
  • RE: Machine Learningwebmaster20 Aug
Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin20 Aug
  • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty20 Aug
    • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin20 Aug
    • RE: Machine Learningwebmaster20 Aug
      • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin20 Aug
        • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty20 Aug
          • Re: Machine LearningMichael21 Aug
            • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty21 Aug
              • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin21 Aug
          • RE: Machine Learningwebmaster21 Aug
            • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin21 Aug
              • RE: Machine Learningwebmaster21 Aug
                • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty21 Aug
                • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty21 Aug
                • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty21 Aug
                • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin21 Aug
                  • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin21 Aug
                    • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin22 Aug
                      • Re: Machine Learningshawn wilson23 Aug
RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty23 Aug
  • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin23 Aug
    • RE: Machine Learningwebmaster24 Aug
      • RE: Machine LearningMartin Gainty24 Aug
      • Re: Machine LearningGarot Conklin24 Aug