List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Garot Conklin Date:August 20 2012 7:39pm
Subject:Re: Machine Learning
View as plain text

garotconklin@stripped

________________________________
 From: Martin
> Gainty <mgainty@stripped>
> thought was to propagate the db with everything and allow the algorithm to then begin to
> determin trends/patterns
MG>which trends or patterns will you be modelling?

and begin
> either an indexing methodology
MG>which indexes are you considering: Unique index,
> primary index or foreign index?

additional table/db creation process or both to further
> optimize the calls being made
MG>optimize based on execution time or diskspace
> allocated, EliminatingFTS or some other
> criteria?
MG>https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/optimization.html

and build in
> some internal levels of redundancy.
MG>what about
> replication
MG>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/replication.html

I am actually
> approaching this with some degree of biological conception in the multipathing within our
> own brains however until I have something up and running under some substantial load
> however I may not get a complete picture.

Thanks,

Garot

Interesting
Martin

>                 webmaster@stripped
> <webmaster@stripped>;

>         'Garot Conklin' <garotconklin@stripped>; 'Martin
> Gainty' <mgainty@stripped>;  <mysql@stripped>;

>               RE: Machine Learning

>                 Mon, Aug 20, 2012 7:13:25 AM

>                       Hi
> Garot,

This sounds an interesting idea.

Are you looking to store all known commands and
> their options or are you
looking for a 'formula' for calling any unix command ?

The
> reason for my question is that, at the end of the day, a unix command is
just a program
> that is run in the operating system. Each program comes with
its own options and
> acceptable inputs. I don't know if there is a rule or
convention for structuring these
> commands.

Are you then looking to build a system that 'knows' all commands and 'how
to'
> call them ?

Thanks,
Justin