List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:August 20 2012 2:09pm
Subject:Re: update doesn't
View as plain text
On Sun, August 19, 2012 18:19, william drescher wrote:
> On 8/17/2012 12:13 PM, Rik Wasmus wrote:
>>> I get 1 row affected, but the status does not change when I look
>>> at the row.
>>>
>>> If I set it to 'X' it does change.
>>>
>>> To make it even more wacky, if I (using phpMyAdmin) change it to
>>> 'H' it will change and the row is shown change, but when I go to
>>> examine the row (using the pencil icon=Edit) it changes back to 'W'.
>>>
>>> Either there is something really strange or my mysql is possessed.
>>>
>>> I am using Server version: 5.1.63-0ubuntu0.10.04.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any thoughts about this or suggestions on how to
>>> debug it?
>>
>> 1) One thing that _could_ do this is a trigger. Does SHOW TRIGGERS; show
>> any
>> that could be doing this?
>>
>> 2) However, in 99.999% of cases, it is just a logic error in the
>> application
>> (be it your application or PHPMyAdmin), not anything in MySQL. Can you
>> connect
>> with the command line client, run the UPDATE statement, en then check
>> what the
>> SELECT shows? If it shows a correct result... the problem ain't in MySQL
>> itself.
>>
> mysql> select status from tasks;
> +--------+
> | status |
> +--------+
> | W      |
> +--------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> update tasks set status= 'H';
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
> Rows matched: 1 Changed 1 Warnings: 0
>
> mysql> select status from tasks;
> +--------+
> | status |
> +--------+
> | W      |
> +--------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> whoops
>
> bill

Maybe a "SHOW CREATE TABLE `tasks`\g" could shed some light.

--
Mogens Melander
+66 8701 33224

believed to be clean.

Thread
update doesn'twilliam drescher17 Aug
  • Re: update doesn'tRik Wasmus17 Aug
    • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
      • Re: update doesn'tJohnny Withers19 Aug
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
          • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
      • Re: update doesn'tMogens Melander20 Aug
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher20 Aug