List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rik Wasmus Date:August 17 2012 4:13pm
Subject:Re: update doesn't
View as plain text
> I get 1 row affected, but the status does not change when I look
> at the row.
>
> If I set it to 'X' it does change.
>
> To make it even more wacky, if I (using phpMyAdmin) change it to
> 'H' it will change and the row is shown change, but when I go to
> examine the row (using the pencil icon=Edit) it changes back to 'W'.
>
> Either there is something really strange or my mysql is possessed.
>
> I am using Server version: 5.1.63-0ubuntu0.10.04.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts about this or suggestions on how to
> debug it?

1) One thing that _could_ do this is a trigger. Does SHOW TRIGGERS; show any
that could be doing this?

2) However, in 99.999% of cases, it is just a logic error in the application
(be it your application or PHPMyAdmin), not anything in MySQL. Can you connect
with the command line client, run the UPDATE statement, en then check what the
SELECT shows? If it shows a correct result... the problem ain't in MySQL
itself.
--
Rik Wasmus
Thread
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
          • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
      • Re: update doesn'tMogens Melander20 Aug
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher20 Aug