List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:william drescher Date:August 17 2012 3:53pm
Subject:update doesn't
View as plain text
I have a table ("tasks") with:
task_id  mediumint(9)
status   char(1)
priority char(1)
and more fields

when I do the following (using phpMyAdmin):
update tasks
set status='H'
where task_id='1'

I get 1 row affected, but the status does not change when I look
at the row.

If I set it to 'X' it does change.

To make it even more wacky, if I (using phpMyAdmin) change it to
'H' it will change and the row is shown change, but when I go to
examine the row (using the pencil icon=Edit) it changes back to 'W'.

Either there is something really strange or my mysql is possessed.

I am using Server version: 5.1.63-0ubuntu0.10.04.

Anyone have any thoughts about this or suggestions on how to
debug it?

I discovered this because the application was failing to change
the W to a H using update syntax.

bill

Thread
update doesn'twilliam drescher17 Aug
  • Re: update doesn'tRik Wasmus17 Aug
    • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
      • Re: update doesn'tJohnny Withers19 Aug
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
          • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher19 Aug
      • Re: update doesn'tMogens Melander20 Aug
        • Re: update doesn'twilliam drescher20 Aug