List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rajeev Prasad Date:August 15 2012 10:27pm
Subject:Re: suggestion needed for table design and relationship
View as plain text
hello Peter,

data_specific_to_device = contains diff values, and is different for different devices
associated_service = will also be a list of values which will be different for different
devices

and same for associated_device column.

this data rarely(almost never) changes and add happens only say twice a month. So can I
not have one big table like below? what disadvantage does it has? sorry I am not into
RDBMS, so i want to know prob specific to my data and proposed table layout. I am also
not clear about relating more than one tables, if i break this up in more than one
table....

thx in advance.
Rajeev