List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:August 14 2012 8:08am
Subject:Re: Recovery from a MySQL dump is too long !
View as plain text

Am 14.08.2012 09:42, schrieb Bob Sauvage:
> Hello *,
>
> My INNODB database has a size of 80GO. I've a replication setup on 3 slaves and I
> backup my db from them.
> If a problem occurs on the database, a recovery from a dump takes around 6H ! That's
> too long for us.
>
> 2 ideas :
> 1. Stop the slave and rsync the folder /var/lib/mysql to another server
> 2. Stop the slave, take a dump and when it's finish, pull the dump in another MySQL
> instance daily.

i do the stop slave and rsync data-dir since many years
over WAN connections for offsite backups, never was a
friend of dumping databases to textfiles

if something is damaged due a power-interruption this
is also the fastest restore because rsync is much faster
even with --checksums as any dump

Re: [spam 03.04/10.00 -pobox] order by multiple columnsEd Carp13 Mar
  • Re: I've instinstalled dbi and dbd, interface doesn't workSasha Pachev1 Jul
  • Re: I've instinstalled dbi and dbd, interface doesn't workHonza Pazdziora1 Jul
  • Re: I've instinstalled dbi and dbd, interface doesn't workJochen Wiedmann1 Jul
  • Re: Recovery from a MySQL dump is too long !Reindl Harald14 Aug