List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:August 13 2012 12:48pm
Subject:Re: Hi, how did u do de-emphasis of sql statements?
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "MID.night" <693893465@stripped>
>
> Like select * from table where name>’A’ is just
>
> The same as select * from table where name>’B’.

The execution plan for both statements is indeed likely (but not guaranteed!) to be the
same. As far as I'm aware, though, MySQL does not bother about that, though, as there is
no execution plan cache.

The query result cache does not equate the statements - it works based off the EXACT query
text, INCLUDING spaces and capitalization.

When analyzing various logs, the Maatkit/Aspersa/Percona toolset does transform SQL
statements into their canonical form, though; so if you're looking for ways to do that
you can have a look at how it's done there.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be