List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rajeev Prasad Date:August 11 2012 4:05pm
Subject:search any matching word in given string in table column which has only one word
View as plain text
here is given string of type:...   "as23,rt54,yh79"
and i have to lookup in a table which has column "id" which has only one four letter
word. i have to select that row in which the colum 'id' value matches any of the word in
given string...

table column: id
contents like:
| id|
----
|sd32|
|wa32|
|rt54|

after that match row with id='rt54' should be returned.

i am not able to figure the sql statement for this? eventually i want to have DBIx
statement to use in my perl code. So either suggestion will work for me.

ty.
Rajeev

Thread
search any matching word in given string in table column which has only one wordRajeev Prasad11 Aug
  • Re: search any matching word in given string in table column whichhas only one wordShawn Green11 Aug